Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

Buckminster & Amber - 40



“I’ve got something to tell you, Amber.”

“What?”

“I’ve decided to go to France. We have ancestors there.”

“You’re tripping, Bucks. That was lifetimes ago. Where do you think they might be now?”

“In the catacombs of course. It’s a sentimental journey.”

“Right. And I suppose you think Foxie will be going with you.”

“So! It’s you who’s been hacking into my e-mail!”

“It was sort of accidental. I was ordering a book from Amazon Kindle and --”

“A book? What book?”

An Unhappy Medium. It’s really good. Takes place in Brazil and has a happy ending, well, sort of a happy ending - depends on what character you’re into. It was written by Bruce Louis Dodson, a famous literary genius. It only cost ninety nine cents. The servants will never notice it on their bill.”

“May I be so naive as ask what that has to do with my e-mail?”
“You must have left a page open or something. After ordering the book I was trying to get to the Big Cat site on the Internet and it just popped up.”

 
“Do you expect me to believe that?”
“Whatever. What I can’t believe is this Foxie thing. How old is she?”

No comments:

Post a Comment