Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Observing Rome - The Trip



ROME RAT Best 
It wasn’t easy. First, two hours by train to Stockholm, then a two hour wait for plane to Zurich and another two hour ride followed by a two hour wait for the plane to Rome. We were both a bit hungry by then so we stopped at sports bar in the airport and ordered cheeseburgers. The menu prices were in Swiss francs and we didn’t pay that much attention – how much could a burger cost? We were surprised when they came, cut in half and open faced. We were more surprised when the bill when came – $75!

Burgers

I must say they were good, the fries as well, and one beer. I figure the fries were costing 25 cents each.

The plane from Zurich to Rome took another hour and a half. It was after ten p.m. by the time we arrived. We’d been up since six that morning. I could hardly keep my eyes open, but the cab ride woke me up. I’ve never seen anything like it. Traffic in India was similar, but this was at high speed, at night, and on a busy freeway. The cars were like caroms that should have been bouncing off one another, but seemed to be protected by in invisible shield. Strangely enough, I never saw a traffic accident in Rome while we were in Rome. Amazing.

Ride to our hotel cost $50, and the driver did not take plastic, another surprise. He took my last euro, but I was happy to be alive. It felt so good to lay down!

Italy Statue - 1 Dbl Crop

(Click To Enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment